- 1 About Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission –
- 2 Tamil Nadu PSC Recruitment 2016 –
- 3 Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Job Details –
- 4 Number of Vacancies:
- 5 Posts:
- 6 Educational & Technical Qualifications:
- 7 TAMIL KNOWLEDGE –
- 8 COMPUTER QUALIFICATION –
- 9 Age Limit –
- 10 Application Fee –
- 11 Mode of Payment –
- 12 SECURITY AMOUNT –
- 13 Pay Scale –
- 14 Location of the Job –
- 15 Nationality –
- 16 Selection Procedure –
- 17 How to apply-
- 18 Important Dates –
- 19 Important Links –
About Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission –
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is a department of the Government of Tamil Nadu which is responsible for administering the recruitment of personnel into the state’s public service. It is the successor of Madras Service Commission, which came into being under an act of The Madras Legislature in 1929 and was the first Provincial Public Service Commission in India. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission adopted its current name in the year 1970 and operates under Articles 315 – 323, Part XIV of the Constitution of India.
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission discharges its duties and functions specified in Article 320 of the Constitution of India. The Commission is required to advise the Government on all matters related to framing of recruitment rules and also regarding the principles to be followed in making appointments, promotions, and transfers from one service to another.
In respect to disciplinary matters affecting government servants and conduction of examinations for the selection of candidates under direct recruitment to the State, Subordinate & Ministerial Services the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission works. The commission manages the departmental examinations for government servants and also conducts the examination on behalf of national Ministry of Defence for admission to the school run by the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehra Dun.
The Secretary to the Commission holds the responsibility of ensuring implementation of its various decisions. Besides this, it also handles the day-to-day administration, departmental promotion committees, oral tests for recruitment and much more.
The Controller of Exams is responsible for notifying and conducting departmental and recruitment examinations.
Tamil Nadu PSC Recruitment 2016 –
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has issued an official notification regarding the Tamilnadu PSC Recruitment for the year 2016. It invites 5,451 online applications for various vacancies. It invites applications from the eligible, dynamic and interesting candidates. This is a great opportunity for taking up a Government job in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Interested candidates can apply through online mode on their official website till or before 8th September 2016. For more information please read below.
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Job Details –
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
Number of Vacancies:
5,451 vacancies are released.
There are various vacancies for which a candidate can apply. Those are as follows:
- Junior assistant (non-security) –
- Junior assistant(security) –
- Bill collector(grade-1) –
- Field surveyor –
- Draftsman –
- Typist –
- Steno typist –
Educational & Technical Qualifications:
JUNIOR ASSISTANT (Non – Security and Security), FIELD SURVEYOR, BILL COLLECTOR, GRADE – I and DRAFTSMAN
- Must possess a minimum general educational qualification viz.,
- Must have passed the S. S. L. C Public Examination or its equivalent with eligibility for admission to Higher Secondary Courses of Studies or to College Courses of studies.
- Must possess a minimum general educational qualification viz.
- Must have passed S. S. L. C Public Examination or its equivalent
- Should possess the eligibility for admission to Higher Secondary Courses or to College Courses of studies.
- Must have passed the Government Technical Examination in Type Writing by:
- Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and English (or)
- a Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and Lower/ Junior Grade in English (or)
- through a Higher / Senior Grade in English and Lower/ Junior Grade in Tamil.
STENO – TYPIST, GRADE III
- Must possess Minimum General Educational Qualification viz.,
- Must have passed S.S.L.C Public Examination or its equivalent
- with eligibility for admission to Higher Secondary Courses of Studies or to College Courses of studies.
- Must have passed the Government Technical Examination both in Typewriting and in Shorthand:
- by a Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and English (or)
- through Higher or Senior Grade in Tamil and Lower/Junior Grade in English (or)
- by Higher / Senior Grade in English and Lower/ Junior Grade in Tamil.
TAMIL KNOWLEDGE –
COMPUTER QUALIFICATION –
Computer qualification for Typist and Steno – Typist, Grade III candidates is a pass Certificate Course in Computer on Office Automation and be awarded by the Technical Education Department.
Please Note: Candidates who do not possess the said computer qualification (i.e. Certificate Course in Computer on Office Automation conducted by the Technical Education Department) may also apply. If selected, they need to acquire such qualification within the period of their probation.
Age Limit –
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars), Scheduled Tribes and Destitute Widows of all castes –
- Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities, Backward Classes and Backward Classes (Muslims)
Min: 18 Years and Max: 32 Years
- Others i.e. Candidates not belonging to SC, SC(A), ST, MBC, DC, BC and BCM –
Min: 18 Years of age and Max: 30 Years
- For all the people who are trained in Survey in ITI in Tamil Nadu, in respect of posts of Field Surveyor and Draftsman only –
Min: 18 years age Max: 35 Years
Application Fee –
A candidate needs to pay Rs. 50/- towards the registration fee and Rs. 75/- towards the Examination fee.
Mode of Payment –
- Examination fee is of Rs.75/- (Rupees Seventy five only)
- Candidates need to register their basic particulars through the One – Time Registration. This one time registration is mandatory and a payment of Rs.50/- towards registration fee is compulsory.
- This registration shall only be valid for a period of five years from the date of one – time registration.
- Candidates also have to pay the service charges as applicable to the Bank or Post Office.
- Candidates can also avail exemption from paying the Examination Fees as per their eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of DD or Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the application that’s forwarded with any such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those candidates who have already registered in the one time registration system and have paid the registration fee of Rs. 50/- and have also received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e. Rs. 50/- and it is enough to pay the Examination Fee of Rs. 75/- alone.
- Those candidates who have done the one time registration must apply for this post also.
- The one time registration is only to avail the exemption for the application fee for a period of 5 years from the registration date.
SECURITY AMOUNT –
Candidates to be selected for the appointment as Junior Assistant (Security) (or) Bill Collector should pay a Security Amount that may be prescribed by the appointing authority concerned at the time of the appointment of that candidate.
Pay Scale –
Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200 + Grade Pay Rs. 2,400 for Junior Assistant (Non – Security), Junior Assistant (Security), Field Surveyor, Bill Collector Grade-I, Draftsman and Typist Post
Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200 + Grade Pay Rs. 2,800 for the post of Steno – Typist Grade – III
Location of the Job –
Must be of Indian nationality
Selection Procedure –
Based on the marks obtained by the applicants in the Written Examination, a tentative list of all the eligible candidates for certificate verification will be announced at the Commission’s website.
After verification of the candidate’s original certificates, all the eligible ones will be summoned for counseling. Allotment to the particular vacancy Post and Department will be made in order of the candidate’s rank and category eligibility.
Candidates with the above said technical qualification will be selected.
In case candidates with those technical qualifications are not available, others would be selected.
How to apply-
- Candidates can apply only through the online mode at the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website.
2. There are the following websites:
3. One – Time – Registration (OTR) and candidate Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any oof the vacant positions.
4. For registration to the OTR, candidates need to have a scanned image of their photograph and also the signature in CD/ DVD/ Pen drive etc as per their convenience.
5. One – Time – Registration is not an application for any of the posts. It is just for the collection of information from all the candidates and provides a separate dashboard to each candidate facilitating them to maintain their own profiles.
6. Candidates need to click “Apply” against the post notified on the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website and use the USER ID and PASSWORD given for ONE – TIME – REGISTRATION.
7. All candidates have to provide their correct S. S. L. C. Register Number, Month & Year of Passing along with the Name of Board, which issued the certificate.
8. Any detail that’s found to be wrong or incomplete, the One Time Registration and Online Application are liable for rejection at any stage without intimation.
9. Those candidates who have more than one S. S. L. C. marks sheets should enter the details available in the Marks sheets issued after the final attempt in which he/ she had passed the S. S. L. C. examination.
10. A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number is mandatory for the registration.
11. Email ID and Mobile Number should always be kept active.
12. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission communicates and send all the messages through the registered email ID and Phone Number.
13. Please Note: All the particulars mentioned on the online application including the Name of Candidate, Post Applied For, Category, Date – of – birth, Postal Address, Email ID, Preferred Centre of Examination etc. will be considered FINAL. However, candidates can modify certain fields till the specified date for applying online.
14. Certain fields are fixed and the candidate cannot be edited even before the closing date.
15. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care as strictly no correspondence regarding any change of details will be entertained.
16. One can find all the Instructions and Illustration regarding One – time – Registration on the website www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in.
17. Just key in the User ID and Password and the available OTR particulars will immediately be displayed on the screen.
18. Candidates have to fill in the additional details required for specific recruitment applications.
19. After submitting all the details candidates can choose any one of the following modes of payment:
- Net Banking
- Debit Card / Credit Card
- Bank Challan
- Post Office Challan
20. If any candidate wishes to have immediate fee reconciliation, he/she shall make the payment through net banking / Debit Card / Credit Card.
21. Any payment that’s made through challan would take atleast two working days for reconciliation.
22. In case, candidates choose to pay the fees through the online payment gateway, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details and make the payment.
22. After submitting the payment information on the online application form, please wait for an intimation from the server. Please DO NOT press Back or Refresh the page in order to avoid payment failure or double charge.
23. If the online transaction has been successfully completed, an Application Number will be generated immediately. Candidates should note their Application Number for future reference in respect of the post applied for.
24. Candidates should note their Application Number for future references in respect to the post applied for.
25. For offline mode of payment, candidates have to select either Post Office Mode od Payment or State Bank of India branch only.
26. On Submission, system will generate the challan of payment which the candidate needs to take print out and visit any of the nearest branch of State Bank of India or Post Office to make the payment regarding the recruitment.
27. Commission keeps all the rights to change the mode of payment at any time without any intimation to the candidates.
28. Kindly do not forget to collect the candidate copy of the Fee Payment Challan from the Branch.
29. Please check that the challan is properly signed and other details like Transaction Number, Branch Name, DP Code Number, Deposit Date etc have been clearly noted on the challan by the Branch authorities.
30. Candidature for the Online Application Registration will be taken as successful only if the payment is made either in post office or in State Bank of India within two days from the date of registration.
31. Candidates need not send the printout of their online application or any other supporting documents to the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
32. The certificates will be verified only when the candidates come up to the next stage of selection.
Important Dates –
The date of issue of the notification is 9th August 2016
Last date for submission of the applications is 8th September 2016
Fees Payment Date:
11th September 2016 is the last date for the payment of fees
6th November 2016 is the date of written examination