- 1 About West Bengal School Service Commission –
- 2 West Bengal School Service Commission Recruitment 2016 –
- 3 West Bengal School Service Commission Job Details –
- 4 Educational Qualifications –
- 5 Age Limit –
- 6 Selection Procedure –
- 7 Application Fee –
- 8 Fee Payment Process –
- 9 How to Apply –
- 10 Important Dates to Remember –
- 11 Important Links –
About West Bengal School Service Commission –
The West Bengal School Service Commission Act, 1997 came into force with effect from 1st November 1997 only for recruitment purpose of appointing Assistant Teachers and Headmasters / Headmistresses in the recognized Non – Government aided Schools in West Bengal. Presently the recruitment process is guided by the West Bengal School Service Commission which is responsible for the selection of persons for appointment to the post of teachers.
The State Government, later on, concluded that the Non – Teaching Staff at the posts of Librarian, Clerk and Group – D Staff including Peon, Night Guard, Laboratory Attendant and Matron at recognized Non – Government aided schools in West Bengal should also be recruited through the School Service Commission. Accordingly, the necessary amendments have been introduced in the said Act, vide the West Bengal School Service Commission (Amendment) Act, 2008 and such selection process has been guided by the West Bengal School Service Commission for the selection of persons for appointment to the posts of Non – Teaching Staff.
The West Bengal School Service Commission, which is first of its kind in our country consists of a Central Commission by the name of the West Bengal Central School Service Commission and Six Regional Commissions by the name of West Bengal Regional School Service Commission which acts under the control & supervision of the Central Commission. Following are the Regional Commissions with their territorial jurisdictions:
- Eastern Region comprising of Bardhaman, Birbhum, and Hooghly districts with Headquarters at Bardhaman;
- Western Region comprises of the districts Bankura, Purulia, Medinipur, Purba and Paschim Medinipur with Headquarters at Bankura;
- Northern Region comprises of Coochbehar, Malda, Jalpaiguri,Uttar Dinajpur, Murshidabad, Dakshin Dinajpur, and Siliguri Sub – Division districts within Darjeeling district with Headquarters at Malda;
- Southern Region comprising the districts of Kolkata, Howrah and South 24-Parganas with Headquarters at Kolkata;
- South – Eastern Region comprises of Nadia and North 24 – Parganas districts with Headquarters at Barasat;
- And lastly, The Hill Region comprising of the areas within the jurisdiction of Darjeeling Gorkha Autonomous Council constituted under the Darjeeling Gorkha Autonomous Hill Council Act, 1988 in the district of Darjeeling with Headquarters at Darjeeling. Though the Hill Region is now under suspension, vide School Education Department.
All the advertisements inviting applications for Regional Level Selection Test for the posts of Assistant Teachers with tentative vacancies, Subjectwise, Category – wise, Gender – wise and Medium – wise in each Region is always made in leading newspapers and / or at the Commission’s official website.
The actual accurate vacancies are declared in a similar manner at the time of publication of the results of the Written Examinations. 1.5 times of the actual vacancies declared are called for the Personality Test on the basis of candidate’s respective academic score and marks obtained in the Written Exams.
Final Merit List to the extent of one time of the actual vacancies declared, and a Waiting List to the extent of 0.10 time of the actual vacancies declared is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s respective academic score, marks secured in the Written Test and the marks obtained in the Personality Test all taken together.
West Bengal School Service Commission Recruitment 2016 –
West Bengal School Service Commission invites 4,923 online recruitment applications for the posts of Non – Teaching Staff i.e. Clerk & Group D Staff for schools latest by 31st August 2016.
This is a great opportunity for all the interested and eligible candidates. Students can fill up the application form through the link mentioned below on this page. Please go through all the guidelines and the eligibility criteria before applying for the post.
More detailed information regarding the West Bengal School Service Commission Recruitment 2016 like Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Important Dates and Important Links etc please keep reading below.
West Bengal School Service Commission Job Details –
West Bengal School Service Commission
Non – Teaching Staff (Clerk and Group D)
Number of Posts:
Educational Qualifications –
- Clerk Posts:
Candidates must have passed their 10th standard i.e. Madhyamik or its equivalent
- Group-D Staff Posts:
Candidates should have passed their Class VIII standard by a recognized board or council
Age Limit –
- Should have passed the School Final / Madhyamik or its equivalent or Old H.S. in lieu of School Final / Madhyamik
- Minimum age limit is 18 years and maximum age limit is 40 years as on the 1st day of January of the year of the official advertisement
- The upper age limit is relaxable by:
- 5 years for the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates
- 3 years for Other Backward Class candidates
- 8 years for the Physically Handicapped Candidates
- 5 years for Ex – Servicemen candidates
- The candidate should be Pass in Class VIIIth from any school which should be recognized or affiliated by a Board / Council
- Age limit shouldn’t be less than 18 years and not be more than 40 years as on the 1st day of January of the year of the official advertisement
- The upper age limit is relaxable by:
- 5 years for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates 3
- 3 years for Other Backward Class
- 8 years for the Physically Handicapped candidates
- 5 years for Ex – Servicemen
Selection Procedure –
Candidates selection will be based on Written Test, Computer Proficiency & Personality Test with typing.
Application Fee –
(a) Application fees for the General and OBC – A / OBC – B category candidates: Rs. 140 /–
(b) The application fee for the reserved (SC / ST / PH – VH / PH – HI / PH – OH) category candidates: Rs. 70 /-
Group D Posts:
(a) Candidates for the General & OBC – A / OBC – B category Application Fee: Rs. 120 /-
(b) Application fees for the reserved (SC /ST / PH – VH /PH – HI /PH – OH) candidates: Rs. 60 /-
Please Note: Bank charges / Online Payment charges of Rs. 5/- are also applicable to fees mentioned above. Also, the fees once remitted will not be refunded or adjusted in any of the present or future test under any circumstance.
Fee Payment Process –
- After successful submission of the Online Application Form candidates can pay the required fees through instant online modes:
Internet Banking, Debit card, Credit Card
- One can also pay the application fees through:
Printed Bank Challan with Cash, during office hours at any branch of Allahabad Bank Branch in West Bengal after 24 hours of successful submission of the Online Application till 5th September 2016 or through Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendra by cash instantly.
How to Apply –
- Firstly, the eligible candidates should apply Online by logging on to the official website of the West Bengal School Service Commission i.e. www.westbengalssc.com where he/she has to provide all the required information correctly and accurately.
- Applicant has to fill all the required information step by step and with full accuracy
1) Primary Information
2) Personal Information.
c) After filling in the options 1 and 2 ,applicant has to upload his / her scanned passport size image and the signature of which the sizes are 10 kb to 30 kb
- Click on the button that says Click here to upload the photo with signature after which a POP UP window will come up where the applicant has to click on the browse button.
- Browsing the Photograph and signature from the computer or external drive (Pen drive/ memory card etc) location after which the candidate needs to click on the “Upload” button.
- After clicking on the “Upload” button applicants needs to click on the “Next” button and he / she will see the uploaded images in the web application.
- If the uploads are made correctly with accurate sizes, he / she can proceed to the final submission of the form and at the last step he/she will see the following options:
1) Print Application Form: Please do take a printout of the final application for your further references
2) Pay Application Fees through Debit/ Credit card, Net Banking
- After following the preferred payment method, the applicant’s screen will be directed to the concerned banking website where he / she has to provide valid debit /credit card numbers, CVV number for Debit / Credit Card and the User Name & Password for net banking.
- Just follow the instructions as guided.
- After the successful payment of the fees, the page will be automatically re – directed to the Commission’s website
Please Note: Do not Press the Back/Refresh Buttons during Payment Process and
- The candidates can now print the payment receipt instantly
- Payment by the Allahabad Bank Cash Challan, applicants may choose “Allahabad Cash Challan” instead of “Debit/ Credit card or Net Banking” mode of payment.
- The candidate may take a printout of the challan.
- The candidate has to contact any of the Allahabad Bank Branches in West Bengal after 24 hours of Application Form Submission with the printed Challan and required Fees in cash.
- The branch representatives will accept the fees and provide Journal Number, date, seal and sign on the Challan and will return the candidate’s copy of the Challan with Bank Branch seal. Please Note: Do not forget to recheck all the details to avoid any further discrepancies.
- Candidate can check the payment status only after 48 hours of the cash deposit.
- All the applicants who are paying the fee through Bank Challan are stringently instructed to retain the sealed and signed copy of challan provided by the bank for future reference.
- Any manually modified challans will not be accepted at selected
- Candidates are not required to send any hard copy of the confirmation page to the School Service Commission. However, the candidates are advised to retain the hard copy of the application form and candidate’s copy of challan. All these will be now considered as final and shall not be changed in future in any circumstances
- The Commission will not be responsible for any consequence arising out of not – acceptance / rejection of any correction / addition / deletion in any particulars filled in the Application Form whatsoever the reasons may be
- No changes will be accepted offline or by email etc.
- Expect no correspondence in this regard by the commission.
- List of all the acceptable Allahabad Bank Branches in West Bengalis available on the official website at www.westbengalssc.com
- Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendra option is also available for payment of the fee along with candidate’s official documents and a recent color photograph attached in a white paper
- Mitra Kendra applicant may also apply online to obtain a receipt.
- Admit Cards of the candidates will be provided through Online mode
- Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be specified on the cover page of the question
Important Dates to Remember –
- Mode of Submission:
- Online Application Submission Last Date:
31st August 2016 till 5 p.m.
Please Note: Application submission date is latest by 31st Aug 2016 however, payments by cash challan will be available up to 5th September 2016 till 5 p.m.
- Test Date:
Test will be held on two separate dates for Clerk and Group-D staff which will be announced soon on the website
Important Links –
In the case of any queries or further any info requirement please log on to the official website of the West Bengal School Service Commission. Stay hooked to our website for more such recruitments opportunities.