- 1 About Army Welfare Education Society and Army Public Schools –
- 2 Army Public School Recruitment 2016 –
- 3 Army Public School Recruitment 2016 Details –
- 4 Total No. of Vacancies:
- 5 Name of the Post:
- 6 Post Wise Vacancy:
- 7 Age Limit:
- 8 Educational Qualifications –
- 9 Application Fees –
- 10 Selection Process:
- 11 Pay Scale:
- 12 Requirement before Applying –
- 13 How To Apply –
- 14 Important Dates to Remember –
- 15 Important Links-
About Army Welfare Education Society and Army Public Schools –
As more and more households moved into the cantonments, existing private schools gradually became unaffordable to those soldiers. Even the Central Schools or Kendriya Vidyalayas did not provide confirmed admission to the children of soldiers who were often transferred from one station to another.
The intricacy became more severe with the extensive development of the Indian Army from the year 1962 till 1973. A few regimental schools mushroomed pan India to cater to the increasing purposes of all ranks. However, these schools did not offer the spirit and quality that our Officers and other rank people were aspiring for.
The schools were initially named as ‘Army High Schools’ and later were christened as ‘Army Schools’. All the schools were redesignated as ‘Army Public Schools’ on 1st July 2011. There are now 137 Army Public Schools across cantonments and military stations in India. All the schools follow NCERT curriculum and are affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi.
Army Public School Recruitment 2016 –
- All the PGTs will be designated on a regular basis which will be subject to one-year of probation period extendable up to two years.
- The TGTs will also be regular as per seniority (Only 50 % of TGTs including activity teacher held on the rolls of any school). The other 50% will be on 3 years contract ( if CTET/ TET qualified) which will again be extendable.
- PRTs held on the rolls of any school will be regular as per seniority (only 30 % of PRTs including the activity teachers). Others will be on a 3-year contract (if CTET /TET qualified) which will be extendable.
Army Public School Recruitment 2016 Details –
Total No. of Vacancies:
Name of the Post:
Post Wise Vacancy:
Age limitations as on 1st April 2016:
For Fresh Candidates the age limit is below 40 years (except for NCR schools where TGT / PRT should be < 29 years and PGT < 36 years)
For Experienced Candidates, the age should be below 57 years (should have a minimum 5 years teaching experience in the last 10 years)
Educational Qualifications –
The essential educational / professional qualifications are required:
- For PGT:
Post Graduation with 50% and B.Ed with 50% marks
- For TGT:
Graduation with 50% and B.Ed with 50% marks
- For PRT:
Graduation 50% B.Ed/ Two Year Diploma 50%
A more detailed view is provided in the Guidelines PDF.
Application Fees –
Candidates have to pay Rs. 600/-.
Selection of candidates will be made on Screening Test, Interview, Evaluation of Teaching skills and computer proficiency. To be more elaborate the selection procedure will be done in three different stages:
- Stage 1
A Screening Exam is conducted on the Last Sunday of every November or First Sunday of December yearly. It is conducted for the vacancies that will arise during the ensuing academic year. This is conducted online by an agency identified by HQ AWES centrally to ensure uniformity is maintained for the quality of teachers in all Army Public Schools. Those who qualify
Those who qualify at this stage will be rendered with their Score Cards which are valid for life provided the candidates pick up any teaching job in a CBSE affiliated school within the three years period from the date of passing the screening exam.
This Score Card will make candidates qualified to look forward to the remaining stages of the selection procedure.
In addition to fresh candidates, the following may also appear for the screening test:
(i) Holders of Score Cards who want to improve their scores, and,
(ii) Those desirous candidates who want to upgrade themselves. For example, a candidate holding Score Card of TGT may now want to obtain a card for PGT, having acquired the additional qualification.
- Stage II
- Stage III
Evaluation of Teaching skills and computer proficiency will be made.
For Language teachers, written test comprising of Essay and Comprehension of 15 marks each will be held along with the evaluation of teaching skills.
Selection Committee may also hold Computer Proficiency tests if they feel the need.
The Basic and Grade Pay are usually comparable to the Central Government Rates and Allowances and will be decided by the respective school management. The same will be subject to financial viability of the school
The same shall be subject to the financial viability of the school.
Requirement before Applying –
We recommend you to have the following ready before starting with the Army Public Schools Recruitment Registration Process:
- A Computer with a good Internet connectivity so that there isn’t any breakage of Internet during registration or payment process
- All your qualification details/ documents as you need to enter them while registering for the exam
- You need to upload your scanned photograph, signature and education qualification documents while registering, hence keep ready the scanned copy of your photograph, signature and education qualification documents.
- The size of your scanned photograph should be 140 x 160 i.e. 60 Kb and size of the scanned signature file should be 60 x 90 i.e.30 Kb
- A valid e-mail id is mandatory which you will be using at least for the next 6 months.
- All communication will be made on the e-mail id which you will provide while registering for the recruitment exam
- A valid mobile number is also a must as information will also be communicated via SMS and will be sent to this number
- Valid Credit Card or Debit card or your net-banking details in case you want to pay ONLINE
How To Apply –
Firstly, the candidates are expected to register ON-LINE for the screening exam by logging onto the Official Registration Portal http://aps-csb.in . This registration portal will open from 17th August 2016 until 13th September 2016. Candidates can start registering 9 A.M. onwards on 17/8/2016 till 5 P.M. on 13/9/2016. Thereafter this portal will be closed for registration.
The procedure that needs to be followed is as under:
(a) Log on to the website http://aps-csb.in and study the detailed instructions carefully for Registration that will be available on the portal and is also provided on this page.
(b) Fill up all the information correctly on the application form.
(c) The system then asks the candidates to also pay the exam fee ONLINE. The available payment options are Debit Card/ Credit Cards/ Net banking/ Bank Challan. A payment gateway is integrated with the official website for this purpose and candidates are guided through the whole payment process on a different window/ tab.
(d) After payment of the fee, system asks the candidates to attach the following documents:
(i) Scanned copies of Photographs and signatures
(ii) Proof of date – of – birth
(iii) Certificates of academic qualifications.
Please Note: Ensure that you meet all the educational and age criteria before registering yourself. If you do not meet the prescribe qualifications, you are liable to be disqualification without any refund of the exam fees any time during the selection process and even thereafter, whenever a discrepancy arises.
(e) Once the registration is complete, candidates will get a confirmation that they have been registered successfully. Candidates will also be intimated through an e-mail and SMS regarding the same.
(f) A Help Line will also be made available to the candidates to seek any assistance, till the conduct of the examination. The helpline tab will be available on the portal http://aps-csb.in
(g) Candidates will also be provided with some mock-tests ON-LINE to familiarize them with the exam pattern. A link for this will be available on the Registration Portal with effect from 10th October 2016.
Important Dates to Remember –
Opening date for Online Application Form: 17th August 2016
Last Date for Submitting online application Form: 13th September 2016
Exam Date: 26th – 27th November 2016 (Tentative)
Results : 15th December 2016
Guidelines for Candidates
Apply Online for Army Public Schools Recruitment 2016