11th october 2015 for latest current affairs and general knowledge gk questions for Current Affairs 2015
- The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2015 is to be awarded to the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet, a coalition of four institutions, for its decisive contribution to the building of a pluralistic democracy in Tunisia in the wake of the ‘Jasmine Revolution’ of 2011.
- The Seychelles Ministry of Tourism and Culture appointed Indian composer A.R. Rahman as Cultural Ambassador for Seychelles in appreciation for the invaluable services contributed to enhance Seychelles’s Art and Cultural development.
- Indian-American social entrepreneur Bhagwati Agrawal has made his way into the CNN’s Top Ten Heroes of 2015, for creating a rainwater harvesting system that now provides life-changing, safe drinking water across six villages in Rajasthan. Each will receive US $10,000 and be recognised as “CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute”.
- ICICI Bank launched a mobile payment service ‘mVisa’. The service enables customers to make electronic payments from their smart phones at traditional stores, e-commerce sites, deliveries made at home, radio taxi and utility bills among others without swiping a debit card. The service is based on ‘mVisa’, a new mobile payment solution from Visa. ICICI Bank is the first bank globally to launch a mobile app based on ‘mVisa’ solution for consumers and merchants.
For Govt Jobs ,Bank jobs,Whatsapp Alert
- Families from India hold 14 spots in Forbes Asia’s ranking of the Asia’s 50 richest families with the Ambani family third on the list with a combined fortune of $21.5 billion. India’s Premji is seventh on the list followed by Hinduja on ninth spot and Mistry ranked tenth. According to the Forbes list four India billionaire families found place in the top ten richest families. South Korea’s Lee family, which controls the formidable Samsung conglomerate, topped an inaugural list of Asia’s 50 richest families by Forbes Asia magazine with a net worth of $26.6 billion.
- Drug maker Cipla announced that its South African subsidiary Cipla Medpro (Pvt.) Ltd. has entered into an exclusive agreement with Serum Institute of India (SII). The two organizations have partnered to provide vaccines in South Africa. The partnership will enable affordable and accessible vaccines for South Africans as well as will facilitate a reliable supply stream to the South African Government.
Swimming world champion of China Ning Zetao claimed two gold medals at the sixth Military World Games in South Korea. Ning won gold medal in 50m freestyle event. He also led the Chinese team to win the 4x200m freestyle relay title
CREAD THIS CURRENT AFFAIRS IN हिंदी.
- Nualgi, an Indian company with wholly Indian technology in the field of nano biotechnology has won a prestigious award at the Climate CoLab of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge.
- To protect the endangered Gangetic river dolphins country’s first community reserve for the mammal will soon be established in West Bengal.
- Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman will be honoured with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award in Mumbai on October 26. Filmmaker Subhash Ghai will present the fifth Hridaynath Award to Rahman.