- 1 About Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL)
- 2 Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Recruitment 2016 –
- 3 Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Recruitment Details –
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for the KRCL Recruitment –
- 5 Job Location –
- 6 Selection Procedure –
- 7 Application Fee –
- 8 How to Apply for the KRCL Vacancy –
- 9 Documents to be Attached –
- 10 Job Duties –
- 11 Important Dates to Remember –
- 12 Important Links –
About Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL)
The Konkan Railway was the missing connection between India’s commercial capital, Mumbai & Mangalore. The 741 – kilometre line linking Maharashtra, Goa & Karnataka States — a region of crisscrossing rivers, plunging valleys & mountains that soar into the clouds.
The Konkan Railway has also in a way changed the lives of the Engineers and other people associated with the plan. For them, it was the glory of overcoming all odds, the satisfaction and the pride that they have built something for their children.
KRCL works to develop economical, reliable, eco-friendly & cost effective railway transport infrastructure. They wish to grow and prosper the Nation in general and Konkan Region in particular. Their mission is to promote and foster best practices in the construction & maintenance to achieve Total Customer Satisfaction while delivering innovative, cost effective and value added services.
KRCL works to ensure growth and professional excellence by developing intellectual capital and distinctive core competencies. It also nurtures innovative technologies like ACD and other railway related technologies to enhance revenues and to improve safety for Railways.
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Recruitment 2016 –
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) invites applications from ( Self / Sons / Spouse / Unmarried daughters / Grand sons / Unmarried Grand daughters only ) whose land has been procured for Konkan Railway project, irrespective of the %age of land lost. And also from candidates other than land-losers ( GEN / OBC / SC / ST ) registered with the Employment Exchange along with the Konkan Railway route within the jurisdiction of Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL). Applications are invited for 57 Assistant Loco Pilot Vacancies. Interested candidates may apply latest by 29th September 2016.
It’s a great opportunity for all the suitable candidates if they fit in with the eligibility criteria. Don’t waste any more time and just grab the opportunity. To get more information regarding the Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Recruitment 2016 for the above-mentioned posts such as How to Apply, Selection Methodology, Application Fee, Educational / Professional Qualifications, Important Dates and Links, Age Limitations, Pay Scale etc please read further as it’s all mentioned below on this page.
Advertisement Number: CO / P – R / 06 / 2016
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) Recruitment Details –
|Post Name||Assistant Loco Pilot|
|No. of Vacancies||57 Posts|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200/-|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 1,900/-|
Eligibility Criteria for the KRCL Recruitment –
- Educational Qualifications
Matriculation pass (or its equivalent under 10+2 system)
Plus ITI / Act Apprenticeship under the Apprentice Act 1961 in relevant trades
Diploma in Automobile Engineering / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering
By a recognized AICTE in lieu of ITI / 12th (science) pass in regular schooling.
- Age Limit
Candidate’s minimum age should not be less than 18 years and should not be more than 33 years (as on 1st January 2017)
Job Location –
Selection Procedure –
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of a Written test and an Aptitude test.
Application Fee –
Candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- through Bank Draft
Payment needs to be made through Bank Draft
The draft has to be drawn in favor of FA and CAO/ KRCL for GEN / OBC candidates.
No examination fee is charged for the land losers and SC / ST category candidates.
You may also like:
How to Apply for the KRCL Vacancy –
Interested candidates may apply in prescribed application form
Along with attested photocopies of certificates of all qualifications
Certificates include Matriculation /SSC/ SSLC/Degree /Diploma/ Apprenticeship / ITI certificate in relevant trade
Also bring two self-attested passport size colored photographs
Along with a DD
Send all the documents to:
Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment),
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd,
Plot No.6, Belapur Bhavan,
Sector – 11, CBD Belapur,
Navi Mumbai – 400614
Everything should reach latest by 29th Sept 2016
Documents to be Attached –
The required documents to be attached with the application form are as follows :
Please Note: Non-submission of any of these documents will render the applicant as ineligible.
- Attested photocopies of all qualification certificates including –
ITI certificate in the relevant trade as mentioned above.
- Attested photocopies of the caste certificate in the prescribed format is required for the Central Government Employment. (State govt format is not acceptable).
- Attested photocopy of the land-loser certificate issued by the Special Land Acquisition Officer / KRCL.
- Attested photocopy of the certificate issued by Tehsildar indicating the %age of land lost with respect to the total land holding of the land loser.
- Details on the SLAO & Tehsildar certificates should match.
- Attested photocopy of proof of DOB.
- DD of Rs. 100/- which is Non-refundable should be drawn in favour of – FA & CAO / KRCL for GEN / OBC only.
- No examination fee for land losers and SC/ST category will be charged.
- Two self-attested passport size colored photographs.
- Valid Employment Exchange Registration Card for other than Land looser (GEN / OBC / SC / ST).
- Proof of relationship with the land-loser issued by Revenue authorities along with Affidavit on Rs.100/- stamp paper.
- Undertaking on Rs.100/- stamp paper as per KRCL format as given in the official advertisement (Not required from SC / ST candidates).
- Attested photocopy of RTC documents of land (7/12 etc) pertaining to the year of acquisition of land by Konkan Railway. (Document of recent date is not be accepted).
Job Duties –
Assistant Loco Pilot assists Loco Pilot in Driving / piloting the train.
The job requires continuous attention and a high degree of responsiveness.
Responsiveness to the situations will be tested by the Aptitude test.
He / she will assist the Driver and obey all his instructions in performing the duties. It will include:
- Calling out signals as soon as one is sighted,
- Fine tuning Loco,
- Attending minor repairs of the Loco
- He / she will also check the balance of the fuel oil, lube oil, water level and more.
Please Note: The female candidates may kindly note that the category involves duties which are strenuous in nature and call for working in shifts on railway station at odd hours / at road side station and also away from the headquarters.
Important Dates to Remember –
- Last Date for Submission of Application form
29th Sept 2016
Important Links –
- Details Advertisement and Application form Link
- Official Website